Tuesday 6 September 2016

#sheepandshepherd

After tossing and turning through a recurring dream of Cranes players unable to afford soda for their victory party, I woke up early and went to church for the morning service. The clergy were late but the pianist kept us entertained. The start was hurried and we eventually got to the sermon.

To be honest, I was sleepy and in my distraction, my eyes landed upon one of the priests sitting in the altar area, partly obscured from the congregation’s view. His sitting posture made me look closer and just to be sure, I even put my specs on.

The priest was on his phone, tapping away, with an amused expression on his face. I kept glancing in his direction and at one point, I saw him look up suddenly, like someone who has been caught red-handed. Then he went back to whatever it was- whatsapp probably.

So here we were, two distracted creatures in church- one the shepherd, the other the sheep.

No comments:

Post a Comment