Wednesday 8 December 2021

#retrospect

I have been thinking in retrospect over the past few days, recalling the memories of when I was little, my mother's perfume, my dad's warm nuzzling when he found came back from work and we were already in bed.

I have been listening to the old tunes- Boney M- playing Brown Girl in the Ring- the day we walked to the concert and Mum came looking for us, frantic with worry; Abba's Happy New Year, when we went to the movies with our new-born sister and she cried all through. Now Demis Roussos is hauntingly wailing in my ear, strumming his guitar, his background vocalists doing such a good job.

Remembering the Pussycat and Big G chewing gum, the Fanta ad in child voices, the Goody Goody toffee strips, the toffee in multi-coloured wrappers. The 10 cents ice sold by one of our classmate's houseboy by the gate.

God, those days were so good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment