Wednesday 23 November 2016

#mercedesbenzdriver

                      
I credit my father for teaching me how to drive after about 300 on and off lessons with four different instructors and not just not gerringit. And even now when he constantly reminds me to dim the lights for oncoming cars and allow other drivers to pass, and my ears are raw with hearing about good manners on the road, I say, “Yes Daddy.”
All vehicles are supposed to be driven with some level of finesse. Pardon our taxi drivers who drive like they are carved from the same piece of wood. Bad wood.
So whether you are driving UAH (like mine), Mini Minor, Premio, Nuuwa, BMW or Vitz, its prudent to treat cars with respect.
And then there are the likes of Mercedes Benz which are respected in the family of cars, like Lion, King of the Jungle. Whether it be a 1926 model or 2017 CLA class, you just CANNOT take it hurtling down a dusty village road, driving like a bat out of hell.
Yesterday I nearly crashed into a tree when I encountered a racing white Mercedes whose driver was showing off like a two-year old imagining she was doing the Mukono Festino Cite on her tricycle.
The road to my home, after you branch off the main road is very dusty when its dry. It also has some pretty deep potholes in many places so you have to be really careful not to fall into them. 
I saw him coming from a mile away, doing about 80 kilometers per hour, a brown cloud following him. I could have driven into the tree. As he passed me and all the other gazers on the road, his eyes kept moving from side to side in “do you see me?” style. His right arm was hanging out of the window.
Now, I get to the part where I ask myself if I am being judgmental. Do Mercedes Benz owners allow their arms to dangle out the window? Which Mercedes Benz owner in Uganda takes his machine for granted and treats it like a contraption of sorts? Which Mercedes Benz owner in Uganda wants to look like a rally driver on the Festino Cite? Was he really the owner? Or was he a mechanic taking the mugagga’s car for a spin?

No comments:

Post a Comment