Thursday 26 July 2018

#thedissinggame

I was the silent witness to a scenario between a buyer and seller in the washrooms at work.

Potential buyer tried on three pairs of trousers while the seller waited by the sinks.

After fitting into a pair, the buyer would come out of the toilet stall, dress hitched around the waist, asking the seller if she looked good in the pants. And the seller nodded her head all the time (don’t they?).

The buyer then settled on one pair, red.

Seller looked disappointed as she had hoped she could sell at least two pairs. 


Buyer: Kozzi you said how much?
Seller: 25k.
Buyer: Each pair?? Nga last time you sold to me at 20k! Actually, I’m going to give you 15k.
Seller: That was then. I got these at a more expensive price.
Buyer: I have 15k today.
Seller: No, that is too low. Kale, give me 20k at least.
Buyer: No, that's what I have. (Then, handing back the garment) The pants did not even look good on me. The waist is too tight, and the material is rather worn.
Seller: (Looking really downcast as she folds the clothes to put back in her rucksack. Then pleading...) Just give me 20k. You see, I have even put in my transport.
Buyer: (now changing like the weather) Your clothes are not good. Take them away.
Seller: (resignedly) Kale, you give me the 15k.
Buyer: ('pretends' to hesitate) Good. Pack them in a kaveera for me.


And then she happily (and victoriously) handed over the 15k.


For pants. That she had been dissing. Not so long ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment