Thursday 25 May 2017

#ofphones

I know this because I did it many times to avoid my lugambolisitic neighbor whose house is right next to the gate of the estate where I live.
So as I walked down the hill, I applied the “just-in-case” safety measure. Switch off my phone, hold it in my hand. If she is not in the vicinity, ok. If she is, then I would ‘receive’ a pretend call and engage in a conversation with a ghost. Of course I would be doing more of the “yes yes”, and asking stupid questions.
Sometimes she stood, hands akimbo, waiting for your call to end so that she could feed you some juicy piece about whose bad STD she had treated (she’s a nurse), or who was hearing doves cooing in their head. Bannange!
And I’d just give her a cursory wave of the hand as I passed her without a word. And when I finally got into the house and firmly locked the door behind me, I’d have a good loud laugh, as I remembered what rubbish it was I was talking.

So anyway, today someone was trying to avoid saying “hello” to me, but he forgot to switch off his phone. And it rang in the middle of his imaginary conversation!! Tsk tsk!

No comments:

Post a Comment